7.02.2010

Glasses revisited


So I took Gillian for her regular eye exam-we have been taking her about every 6 months. But with all the issues she has had the past few months, we were a little late in getting her in. No worries! I honestly went in thinking she would have 20/20 again, like the last 3 times. I was in for a surprise! Her vision for distance has gotten a little worse. So the doctor wrote her a prescription for a new pair of glasses. She said it is VERY mild, and this will be a trial to see how she does with them. We see the doctor again in a few months. I was so hoping for 20/20, like I mentioned. But, I am SO happy its not for close up stuff! She picked out some cute copper-framed glasses. I hope she will wear them like she is supposed to.

Here she is pictured with a pair of the funky glasses they had on her during her eye exam! LOL!
Since it has been a while, I will update on something else.
When Gillian was 4. she was given the Autism dx. Although the educators and some other folk insist she does NOT have autism, her neurologist insists she DOES (as mentioned in a previous post). I have read lots about Aspergers lately (another subject revisited since her hospital stay in May) and its her to a "T". We see the neurologist in a couple weeks and I will be taking my checklist with me as proof. I am looking forward to meeting with the doctor . I am sure she will fully agree with me. I want them to put it in writing also, as it may enable us to get her more help at the school. I will do whatever I can.
Although initially in May when I heard the "A" word again, I took it hard. But as I search for more information I feel at peace with it. I am grateful its not worse. She is who she is. I also realize if she did not have all these issues she would NOT be who she is. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time!!LOL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kristy! Hi! I talked to Matt tonight, and he told me that he came clean with you & Robert =) It is nice to meet you too. Hopefully we will meet in person soon!
    Matt is a man of few words when it comes to his family, and I was really excited to see that we have a lot in common.
    Take care,
    Aramie

    ReplyDelete